Feb 1, 2012

More Art from Featured Artist Meg Matson and Guest Artists Crisman, Eultgen, and Tibrewala


Augusta Morning - Acrylic Painting by Meg Matson

Sometimes being an abstract or non- representational painter leaves the artist feeling that they need to prove themselves. A large population of viewers do not understand or "Get" that style of painting and dismiss it as not true art. I have found that I occasionally need to prove myself as an artist by very simply painting a "Pretty" painting. 

Ozark Evening - Acrylic Painting by Meg Matson

I found the Sunrise-Sunset theme to be a starting point because everyone can easily relate.  It is a nice change for me to switch gears like this but I am always drawn back to working larger, less restricting work that makes the viewer think about what they are looking at rather than being an obvious subject.

But for now I will enjoy a beautiful sunset and my moment of Zen.

Maui Moon - Acrylic Painting by Meg Matson



Screen by Joseph Eultgen


Goddesses - by Sujata Tibrewala


Snow - Pastel by Lisa Crisman


Visit Gateway Gallery Online
Contact us/Request our newsletter

Blog post by Gateway Gallery Artist Daniel Fishback.

2 comments:

vic said...

Love the new work!!!

Anonymous said...

Love Meg's paintings.