Feb 10, 2010

Meeting of Minds 12 - Michael Anderson

Michael has added a lovely postcard size painting to the composition. Since I haven't seen it in person, I don't know if he actually painted onto the surface or if he attached a small painting onto the surface. I also feel like Mike might have added a few splashes of color throughout the painting. If you are curious too, you will just have to come see the piece for yourself on February 26, 2010. That is when we will officially unveil this work of art at the Gateway Gallery reception.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, It was a small painting that Michael glued on to the surface. I was adding some tissue paper in the upper left corner when Michael came into the gallery so I decided to tie the small watercolor painting in with some blue and white tissue papers. It is definitely a collaborative piece. Michele

Anonymous said...

Michele & I had a "meeting of minds" about placement, edges, etc. before I added my watercolor to the piece. The small landscape is a plein air study. The scene is of an island in the Illinois River near Alton, IL. We applied the 4" x 6" painting to the piece with acrylic matte medium. Thanks, Michele, for your collage help! mike a