Jan 22, 2013

Thoughts and contributions by Greg Matchick on the current exhibit, Room with a View.

When fellow artist Deb Williams chose this title as her  theme I could not resist the urge to create an exhibit based upon the E.M. Forster novel and Merchant Ivory film "A Room With a View". The setting takes place in Florence and the surrounding countryside. (Interestingly, when hiking and photographing in the surrounding Fiesole hills, I was caught in a torrential downpour - just like in the story).

The images in this exhibit are a mix of traditional photographs and digital imagery. Although I have resisted displaying digital imagery until now, I feel it is time to exhibit some of my artistic creations which take my artistry beyond my photographic skills. Digital imagery today has generated reactions that sometimes become polarized. Whether one likes it or not is a matter of personal taste, however, I feel the images chosen capture the feelings and mood of the locations. Let me know what you think.

Greg Matchick


 Ponte Vecchio Balcony, Photograph by Greg Matchick


Yellow Farm House in Tuscany, Photograph by Greg Matchick


Contact us/Request our newsletter

Blog post by Gateway Gallery Artist Daniel Fishback.

No comments: