Apr 4, 2012

Gateway Gallery Resident Artist Michele Wells Exhibits as Guest Artist



Pastel Painting by Michele Wells

Pastel Painting by Michele Wells

I am primarily a pastel landscape painter. While I like to paint in my studio, one of my favorite things is to do is "Plein Air" painting. Many artists paint outdoors throughout the year however I am a fair weather painter and spring is my favorite time to paint the landscape on location.

I am gearing up for the 10th annual Augusta Plein Air Event. There are usually over 100 artists painting in and around the Augusta MO wineries and the surrounding countryside. It is a great opportunity for the public to watch and purchase art that is created in their own area. It is a ten day event ending with a show and sale at the Mount Pleasant winery. The dates this year are April 18 through April 28. Google "Augusta Plein Air 2012" for more info.
               -Michele Wells, Pastel Painter


Blog post by Gateway Gallery Artist Daniel Fishback.

No comments: